SmartThings ADT Motion Detector
Receive alerts if there’s unexpected movement in your home. We recommend placing one in each hallway, passageway, or access area. The typical household usually requires 1-2 per floor. You also have the option to initiate optional ADT professional monitoring services for when an intrusion is detected in your home. Requires an ADT Security Hub (included in the ADT Home Security Starter Kit).
- Know when someone has entered the house and who it is.
- Be alerted when motion is detected in off-limits areas of your home.
- False alarm protection so your pets can feel free to roam around.
- Choose voice, unique chime, or siren alerts (85 dB) for the alarm sound.
- Easy setup with QR code scans.
- Requires an ADT Security Hub (included in the ADT Home Security Starter Kit).
Benefits with SmartThings
Your SmartThings ADT Home Security system will keep you in the know.
- Be notified when there's movement from someone entering the house and who it is. Receive real-time intrusion text and mobile notifications with specific location in the home.
- Receive chime or voice alerts if little ones or pets have wandered into off-limits areas. False alarm protection also means your pets can feel free to roam around other areas of the home.
- With optional ADT Home Security Monitoring service, ADT will contact you immediately if an intrusion is detected in your home and can also alert emergency services if your home or family are in danger (requires an ADT Security Hub).
Smarter home security includes:
- Remote Arm/Disarm with mobile app or ADT Keychain Remote (sold separately)
- Real-time text and notifications anywhere in the world
- Receiving alerts about motion detections, alarms, and when alarm is cleared
- Knowing who entered your house and from where
- Knowing the battery levels of all your devices
- Setting unique chime, siren, or voice alert for each device when alarm sounds
- Testing your system remotely
- A complete log of activities in your home
- Unlimited family member/user accounts
- Enjoying 24/7 peace of mind with optional ADT professional monitoring services
Smart home automation includes:
- Set lights and other connected devices to turn on and off as people come and go from your home.
- Set lights to turn off after everyone has left a room.
- Turn lights on when your little one is running down the hallway to the bathroom and turn it off when she is back in bed.
- Learn about more ways to automate with SmartThings.
We recommend placing one ADT Motion Detector in each hallway, passageway, or access area (1-2 per floor). Wi-Fi range of ADT detectors is up to 350 feet depending on home construction. ADT Home Security Starter Kit is required for ADT Home Security Monitoring services. The ADT Home Security Starter Kit and ADT Home Safety Expansion Pack are required for ADT Home & Life Safety Monitoring and ADT Total Security Bundle professional monitoring plans. Additional fees apply for optional ADT professional monitoring services, which may not be available in all areas and may require permitting or additional services fees. Additional connected devices and ADT monitoring services are sold separately. One-year limited warranty. Visit SmartThings.com/ADT to learn more and to see the full list of compatible devices.
- Model number: F-ADT-PIR-1
- Color: White
- Dimensions: 3.5 x 2.3 x 1.9 in
- Weight: 3.3 oz
- Protocol: QR
- Power source: Battery
- Battery type: 1 x CR123A battery (pre-installed). Estimated battery life is 5 years.
Sign in using your existing shop account details.
Sign up for a SmartThings Shop account.